Home is Ontario, and let’s get real — it’s a pretty darn good province to call home thanks to its nearly inexhaustible territory. Whether you’re looking for a big city weekend in Toronto, or an escape to the lake in the Kawarthas, this place lives up to its Yours to Discover motto.
To help you see the best of what Ontario has to offer, we’ve looked to our trivago users and their certified reviews to point you towards the Best Hotels across Ontario as compiled for the trivago Awards 2018.
For the luxury traveller, unsurprisingly Toronto comes out on top with the leaders in high-end hospitality. Meanwhile, Niagara-on-the-Lake has no shortage of small inns and B&Bs for Ontarians looking for an independently-owned accommodation with character. Looking for Ontario’s best hotels? They might be closer to home than you think!
Ontario’s Top Five-Star Hotel ★★★★★
The Adelaide Hotel (Toronto | 9.3 tRI™)
The five shooting stars over Toronto
Since dropping its moniker as the “Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto,” The Adelaide Hotel has rebranded itself by entering a “new era of glamour.” What does glamour look like exactly? Imagine: heated bathroom floors, a pillow menu, rain showers and nine- to eleven-foot ceilings with windows looking onto the bustle of Bay Street — and you’ll get the picture.
If you’re looking to luxuriate in a wellness treatment of your own, check out the hotel’s spa occupying the 31st floor where you can indulge in some fine tuning thanks to a quick manicure or a full two-hour “Art of Healing” treatment that goes from a deep tissue massage to a detoxifying dry body brush to a radiance facial.
Parents will be keen to know that The Adelaide can arrange on-site swim lessons, children’s books and board games, along with no-tear bath amenities. Doggies don’t need to be left at home either. Toronto’s best 5-Star hotel is happy to accommodate four-legged guests with the likes of a room service menu for pups.Check availability »
The Top 10 Five-Star Hotels across Ontario
- The Adelaide Hotel – Toronto
- The Ritz Carlton – Toronto
- Shangri-La Hotel – Toronto
- The Hazelton Hotel – Toronto
- Four Seasons Hotel – Toronto
- The Windsor Arms – Toronto
- Park Hyatt Toronto – Toronto (renovations until Q4 2019)
- The Inn at Cobble Beach – Kemble
- Clyde Hall – Lanark
- The Westin Airport Toronto – Toronto
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Ontario’s Top Four-Star Hotel ★★★★
Harbour House (Niagara-on-the-Lake | 9.5 tRI™)
A waterfront address in Ontario’s quaintest town
The small details at Harbour House seem to have made the difference to trivago users: from whirlpool tubs to king-sized pillowtop beds, from waking up to a European-style breakfast to coming home to an afternoon wine tasting. Foremost, it’s the service and warm welcome that have left guests with a lasting impression.
While a short walk to the shops of Queen Street, your room at the Harbour House instead benefits from views of the Niagara River. In any case, a complimentary shuttle is made available to spare you the ten-minute stroll from Ontario’s best Four-Star hotel to Niagara-on-the-Lake’s main street.Check availability »
The Top 10 Four-Star Hotels across Ontario
- Harbour House – Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square – Toronto
- Ste. Anne’s – Grafton
- Delta Hotels Toronto – Toronto
- The Ivy at Verity – Toronto
- SoHo Metropolitan Hotel – Toronto
- 124 Hotel and Spa – Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer – Toronto
- Old Mill Toronto – Toronto
- Shaw Club – Niagara-on-the-Lake
★ ★ ★ ★
Ontario’s Top Three-Star Hotel ★★★
Idlewyld Inn & Spa (London | 9.2 tRI™)
Estate-style elegance in London
Appointed furnishings like Victoria fireplaces and roomy walk-in showers bridge the building’s heritage dating back to 1878 with modern conveniences. Outside Idlewyld’s threshold, you are walking distance to Wortley Village and Downtown London.
A hot breakfast is served à la carte with all room rates which means the choice is left to you between the eggs benedict, the banana brioche french toast, and other savoury choices. Discover Ontario’s best 3-Star hotel for yourself!Check availability »
The Top 10 Three-Star Hotels across Ontario
- Idlewyld Inn & Spa – London
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Waterloo St. Jacobs – Waterloo
- Delta Hotels Waterloo – Waterloo
- Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf – Gravenhurst
- Residence Inn Ottawa Airport – Ottawa
- Best Western Plus Perth Parkside Inn & Spa – Perth
- Albert at Bay Suite – Ottawa
- Embarc Blue Mountain by Diamond Resorts – Collingwood
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Center – Toronto
- Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s – Hamilton
★ ★ ★
Q: How were the winners chosen?
A: The trivago Rating Index® (tRI)
Just as trivago aggregates hotel prices from across the web, we also aggregate guest reviews and ratings for a wide variety of amenities and services for all hotels that display prices on trivago. The reviews are then assigned an overall score by amenity or service category using an internally developed algorithm. The overall score is displayed on trivago, making it easy for travellers to compare amenities and services offered as they search for their ideal hotel.
For the trivago Awards 2018, the hotel with the highest score in each awarded category is deemed the category winner. To ensure accuracy, a minimum of 20 reviews were required for award eligibility with scores taken in October 2017.
The result: A comprehensive list of the cream of the crop in hospitality, and prestige and recognition for the hardworking hoteliers behind the winning hotels.
Ontario’s Top Independent Accommodation
BranCliff Inn 1859 (Niagara-on-the-Lake | 9.5 tRI™)
Staying over in a restored schoolhouse in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Nowhere else in Ontario will you find as impressive of a selection of independently-owned accommodation as in Niagara-on-the-Lake. While you can expect a personalized level of service and breakfast across the board, it’s The BranCliff Inn and its six suites that have impressed trivago users the most.
Housed inside Niagara’s first schoolhouse, the Brancliff Inn is full of grandeur thanks to the 12-foot ceilings on entry, which then rise to 17 feet in the bedrooms upstairs. Every morning in Niagara-on-the-Lake starts with breakfast by your hostess Deb which you can enjoy in the Inn’s oak-panelled dining room.Check availability »
The Top 10 Independent Accommodation across Ontario
- BranCliff Inn 1859 – Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Always Inn Bed And Breakfast – Niagara Falls
- Historic Davy House B&B – Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Cozy Inn – Niagara Falls
- On The 6 Bed & Breakfast – Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Two Rivers Bed & Breakfast – Niagara Falls
- Maria’s – Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Villa Gardenia Bed & Breakfast – Niagara Falls
- Serenity Ranch – Hamilton
- 1818 Rising Sun – Niagara-on-the-Lake
Are you an Ontario hotelier? Visit the trivago Hotel Manager blog to learn more about the people behind Canada’s award-winning properties.
Do you have your own award-winning hotel in mind? Nominate the Best Ontario Hotel in the comment section!